Recycling Landfill Ban
Beginning July 1, 2015, mandated recyclables as defined in the Universal Recycling law, will no longer be ablet to be buried in landfills in the state of Vermont. These recyclables are now accepted from free at all solid waste facilities in the state:
- Aluminum and steel cans
- Aluminum foil and aluminum pie pans
- Glass bottles and jars
- PET and HDEP plastic bottles and jugs
- Corrugated cardboard
- White and mixed paper
- Newspaper, magazines, catalogues, paper mail and envelopes
Waste Wise Holidays
An additional 1 ton of trash per week is produced between Thanksgiving and New Years Day. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for helpful reduction and reuse holiday tips. Recyle what you can - including your tree. Your spent holiday trees will be accepted at the Stowe and Johnson Transfer facilities for free through the end of February.
America Recycles Day is every November 15. We celebrated by giving away a Green Cone Digester to a lucky user of the Worcester Transfer Station. Post Office Cafe donuts and coffee were also enjoyed during that day.
The mission of the Lamoille Regional Solid Waste Management District is to reduce the quantity and toxicity of the trash generated and going to the landfill while maintaining or improving overall environmental quality (air, water, and soil), treating customers and employees with respect and operating within a balanced budget.
Proudly Serving our towns for twenty-five years!
Help us celebrate by participating in any of the activities below.
After enjoying the books and movies, be sure to share your opinions with your neighbors and with us. Find us on Facebook and Twitter #trashtalk25
As a non-profit 501(c)1 organization, we can offer a variety of free services to help you better manage your soild waste stream. A example of those possibilities can be found here:
- Waste Assessments for Businesses and Schools
- Waste Management Presentations and Activities
- Composting and Recycling Bins for sale at reasonable prices
- Six Transfer Stations operating throughout the District
- Technical assistance for compliance with Act 148
- Bottle Redemption Containers for use at special events
- Assitance with developing a solid waste plan for large scale events