There are several ways to dispose of dead animals.
- Bury the animal on your property. For details, contact the State of Vermont Solid Waste Management Program at (802) 828-1556.
- Take the animal to a rendering company (only for large animals) or a veterinarian.
- Call 888-7317 to see if it can be composted at Lamoille Soil.
- Contact your local game warden (for road-killed animals).
- Double bag the animal and bring it to a LRSWMD Transfer Station.
- NOTE: Farmers needing to dispose of large quantities of dead animals should contact the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources: (802) 828-1294.