Stowe Transfer Station
Location: 91 Dump Road, Stowe Village. Just off Mountain Road between the Baggy Knees Shopping Plaza and AJ's Ski and Sports.
Glass can now be recycled separately at the Stowe Transfer Station. Sort it separately at home and easily empty it into the clearly marked bin when you arrive! Make your recycling lighter and your visit just a little quicker.
Hours: Everyday EXCEPT Tuesday, 7:30 am - 3:00 pm
Phone: 253-4059 or 253-9503
Reuse Center: CLOSED INDEFINITELY
Items for Reuse are accepted ONLY when transfer station is open.
Redemption Center: CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Many items are not safe to discard with your regular trash. Other items have value when reused or recycled making it important to keep them out of the landfill. The State of Vermont is proactive to ensure certain materials are handled properly to protect the safety of its residents and its environment. The items listed below are accepted at our Stowe Transfer Station:
- Cell Phones
- Clothing and Textiles - ReUse is Closed but accepting CLEAN, REUSABLE CLOTHING ONLY.
- Construction and Demolition Materials
- CFLs and Fluorescent Tubes
- Food Scraps
- Furniture and Bulky Waste
- Leaf & Yard Debris (must be in kraft bags)
- Maple Tubing (by appointment call 802.730.4952)
- Mercury Products
- Plastic Shopping Bags
- Propane Tanks
- Reuse - ReUse is Closed
- Returnable Bottles and Cans - for donation only, payouts are not being done during COVID. Reformatting to open later this fall.
- Scrap Metal