The LRSWMD is here to help you manage all of your materials safely and efficiently. As a way to connect and seek your input on our service through the pandemic, we are offering this optional survey to assess how we are doing and how we should plan for the future. Click here to complete the survey.
The mission of the Lamoille Regional Solid Waste Management District is to reduce the quantity and toxicity of the trash generated and going to the landfill while maintaining or improving overall environmental quality (air, water, and soil), treating customers and employees with respect and operating within a balanced budget.
As a non-profit 501(c)1 organization, we can offer a variety of services to help you better manage your materials:
- Free technical assistance to all residents, institutions, and businesses for compliance with Act 148, Vermont's Universal Recycling & Composting law
- Volunteer Lamoille Waste Warrior Program
- Household Hazardous Waste Collections
- Free Programs for Schools customized to meet the uniqueness of your school and classrooms
- Free Waste Management Presentations and Activities
- Sustainable Solutions Program for Businesses to comply with Act 148
- Composting and Recycling Bins for sale at subsidized prices
- Operation of Transfer Stations for cost-effective and convenient drop-off options
- Big Bottle Recycler and Recycling Containers for use at special events
- Materials management planning for large scale events
- Food Scrap processing at Lamoille Soil