Applications accepted on a rolling basis
LRSWMD Mission Statement:Our mission is to reduce the quantity and toxicity of the trash generated and going to the landfill while maintaining or improving overall environmental quality (air, water, and soil), treating customers and employees with respect, and operating within a balanced budget.
SITE ATTENDANT JOB DESCRIPTION:
DEFINITION: A skilled technical and manual worker in the daily operations of the LRSWMD Drop-Off Stations. Operates all aspects of collection and handling of municipal solid waste, recyclables and any other special wastes. Attendants work under the direct supervision of the Facility Foreman. The work may require in and outdoor work no matter what the conditions. Moderate to strenuous physical activity is required and expected daily. Attendants are required to work safely and bring unsafe conditions to the attention of the Facility Foreman. Attendants are required to treat customers and other staff courteously, work as a team together and support the mission of LRSWMD.
DISTRICT MISSION: Our mission is to reduce the quantity and toxicity of the trash generated and going to the landfill while maintaining or improving overall environmental quality (air, water, and soil), treating customers and employees with respect, and operate within a balanced budget.
ATTENDANT RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO AND MAY VARY BY DROP-OFF STATION:
1. Unlock and lock up stations at the beginning and end of the workday. Note any vandalism or other unusual activity and report to the Facility Foreman.
2. Set up the cash drawer with the startup cash as provided by the office or to you.
3. Measure and calculate properly the cost of each customer's load of bagged or bulk waste (per bag fee or cubic yard) and all other accepted items at location such as textiles, tires and etc.
4. Collect the fee assessed and make the proper change or record the amount on a charge slip for credit customers. Provide receipt to customer for each transaction.
5. Properly direct customer to designated collection container where each item is to be deposited.
6. Items that require special storage such as fluorescent light bulbs must be properly placed in designated areas/containers.
7. Educate customers about recycling specifications and provide educational brochures on fees, recycling and other materials as needed. Inform customers about mandatory separation rules for recycling and all special wastes (all banned from landfill materials)
8. Assist any customer who needs assistance unloading their vehicle and placing the material in the proper container.
9. Operate all equipment (Bobcat, compactors, tools) safely and effectively to transport material, process for transportation or make basic repairs.
10. Count bottles, pay customers their deposit, and sort bottles according to distributor and transportation scheme.
11. Monitor all customers while on site and take actions to ensure that they follow all district policies such as not taking tires and air conditioners from site and follow safe practices such as parking and placing items in proper locations.
12. Remove snow from platforms and walkways and sand or salt to minimize the danger of falls due to icy conditions. Icy or snowy drives must be reported to the Facility Foreman for immediate attention.
13. Keep all stations neat and clean. Sweep, pick up litter and spilled waste from and around any and all work areas when time is available.i.e. wash windows, dust and etc.
14. Make note of damage or loss of District tools and other equipment and report them to the Facility Foreman. Likewise note needed sanitary and safety supplies and directly report to the Facility Foreman for proper repairs or replacement.
15. Report to the Facilities Foreman the amounts of all properly packed materials such as fluorescent tubes, plastic bags and all other special wastes for the setup on hauling the materials away.
16. Dispatch full roll-offs through the Facility Foreman.
17. Inspect the work location at end of the day to ensure that all the materials are properly placed in correct containers, under cover and or on impervious surfaces as each item is required. Check that refrigerant-containing items have had doors removed for safe conditions.
18. At the end of workday, remove startup cash for the next workday. Place the day's receipts and all necessary completed sheets and cash bags in proper locations such as the office, bank or scale house to be collected and turned in all depending on your station.
19. Throughout workday when slow make sure all areas of job description are kept up like general cleanliness, neatness of work areas, etc.
20. Z-out the cash register.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Read and sign-off on Employee Policy Manual and Transfer Station Operators manual (send to office) and review annually.
2. Fill out training log on all aspects of operations you have been trained on and send copy to the office.
3. Request training if it is not provided or if special circumstances are needed to assist in proper training.
4. Report any unsatisfactory customer behavior and avoid escalating arguments with those customers.
5. Wear provided uniform including turning-in and picking up uniforms for weekly cleaning.
6. Perform other tasks as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to work and complete all duties independently at other locations where you may be the only attendant on-site.
2. Ability to function under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a helpful and cheerful attitude.
3. Ability to follow all responsibilities and rules the district enforces and adjust to them as they are deemed necessary.
4. Must have a valid driver's license and high school diploma or GED.
5. Ability to lift 45 pounds on a regular basis.
Disclaimer: All information above is intended to describe the overall position and is not to be considered the complete statement of the duties and responsibilities.